Fried Mozzarella with Smoked Raspberry BBQ SauceFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- Smoked Raspberry Barbecue Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup organic ketchup shopping list
- 10 oz. fresh organic raspberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chambord liquor shopping list
- 1/4 cup of local honey shopping list
- 1 chipotle chilies (smoked jalapenos), chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon all natural liquid smoke shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) container Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls shopping list
- flour, egg wash and panko breadcrumbs for breading shopping list
- Hawaiian black lava sea salt shopping list
- fresh raspberries for garnish shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- canola oil, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- for sauce:
- In a non reactive sauce pan add apple cider vinegar, ketchup, raspberries, chipotle, liquid smoke and brown sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- In a separate pan, saute onion and garlic, deglaze pan with chambord, add honey. Reduce slightly, so it's syrupy.
- Transfer reduction to pan with ketchup mixture and puree with a hand blender. Simmer until slightly reduced. Remove from heat to cool.
- Bread each mozzarella ball by dredging in flour, eggwash seasoned with a little salt, then panko bread crumbs. Place 2 balls on each skewer and repeat with remaining cheese. Place in fridge for at least one hour or flash freeze for 30 minutes (this prevents cheese from melting too much when fried).
- Heat canola oil to 375 degrees. Fry skewered mozzarella balls until golden brown then drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with black lava salt and serve with Smoked Raspberry Barbecue Sauce and fresh raspberry garnish.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!