Faux PineappleFrom mbeards2 3 years ago
- 4 quarts of zucchini, peeled and seeds removed, either shredded or cut into 1/2-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 46-ounce can of unsweetened pineapple juice (about 6 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of bottled lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cups of sugar (or try 1 1/2 cups of honey and 1 1/2 cups of sugar) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the zucchini with the pineapple and lemon juice and sugar, in a large sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fill hot, sterilized pint canning jars with the "pineapple". Leave a 1/2-inch head space.
- Adjust the lids and process in a boiling water bath canner for 15 minutes. (Add 5 minutes over 1000 feet in elevation, and 10 minutes over 6000 feet).
- NOTES: I found that it worked best to use a slotted spoon to fill the jars with the zucchini, and then top them off to the correct level with the liquid that the zucchini was cooked in. That way there was an even amount of zucchini in each jar.
- Makes 8 pint jars of "Faux Pineapple".