Chicken Rolls With Creamy Tomato SauceFrom littlesponger 4 years ago
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap, sliced shopping list
- 2 (5-ounce) raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 wedges light spreadable swiss cheese (recommended: The Laughing Cow Light), room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced shopping list
- 6 large leaves fresh basil, plus more, for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy tomato soup with 4g fat or less per serving (recommended: Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushroom slices and cook them until softened, about 6 minutes, flipping the slices about halfway through cooking. Remove them from heat and set aside to cool.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Lay the cutlets flat, side by side. Spread a cheese wedge over each cutlet and evenly top them with red peppers and basil. Place the mushroom slices horizontally over the basil.
- One at a time, tightly roll the chicken cutlets up from the bottom and around the filling; secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken rolls in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray, seam sides down.
- Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and return the pan to the oven, uncovered, to bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine tomato bisque, sour cream, and Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix well.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, cover the sauce and microwave for 1 minute, and then stir well. Remove toothpicks from the chicken rolls, plate them, and evenly cover with the sauce.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and enjoy!