Stelline Stuffed PortabellasFrom DetroitTokyo 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup (uncooked) stelline (star) pasta shopping list
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, wiped clean & stems removed shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tbsp shopping list
- 1 batch of Marinara Sauce or 24 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground turkey shopping list
- italian seasoning, to taste (I used a mixture of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder & onion powder) shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground - to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain & rinse with cold water.
- Spray a baking dish lightly with olive oil or cooking spray. Place portabellas in dish stem side down. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add garlic, salt and red pepper. Cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and add cooked pasta, basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toss well.
- Remove mushrooms from oven. Turn and divide pasta mixture between mushroom caps - they will be very full. Divide remaining Parmesan over top. Place in oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top. Alternately after the 10 minutes you may place under broiler for a few minutes to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of water. Add ground turkey and season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until browned all over and cooked through.
- Mix cooked turkey into marinara sauce and heat.
- Top each portabella with a generous spoonful of turkey marinara.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!