Oeufs A La DiableFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 1/2 dozen hard-boiled eggs (I make them like Sara Moulton, Mom prefers the old-fashioned boil to death method) shopping list
- 2 tbsp Real (or homemade) mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet pickle relish shopping list
- pinch each salt and pepper shopping list
- paprika, for sprinkling shopping list
- radishes, grape tomatoes, green onions or celery, for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Halve the eggs carefully and, using a small spoon, remove the yolks to the top of a potato ricer or food mill.
- Press the yolks through into a bowl and beat in the mayonnaise, oil, lemon zest, butter, relish, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into pastry bag (use a star tip for pretty filling!).
- Set egg whites on a flat surface and pipe even amounts of filling into each cavity. Dust with paprika.
- Place finished eggs on a serving platter (with additional garnish veggies if desired), cover and chill until needed.