Pork With Blueberry SauceFrom Ecualombian 1 year ago
- 4 boneless pork chops shopping list
- 1 Small red onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 Pint Fresh Blueberry’s shopping list
- 1 lime, zested and 1/2 juiced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- To Garnish: parsley or cilantro, chopped finely shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a nonreactive bowl, mash the blueberry’s with the brown sugar to desired consistency, then set aside.
- Heat saute pan on medium. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Add canola oil to the saute pan. Brown pork on both sides until golden and crispy, about 2-3 min on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking dish to finish cooking in the oven. Depending on thickness of the pork. If it’s thin keep warm aside until sauce is ready.
- In the same pan the pork was cooking in, add the chopped red onion, saute until translucent. Then add in the mashed blueberry sugar mixture and balsamic vinegar. Cook until the sauce gets thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the lime zest and juice and season with salt and pepper. If you put the pork in the oven, remove and place on serving plates. Serve sauce on top and garnish with parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
The CookEcualombian Whitestone, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!