Eggplant PattiesFrom sola 2 years ago
- 1medium( 1-1/2 LB ) eggplant, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups crushed buttery crackers ( I used GF bread crumbs ) shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbl. chopped scallions shopping list
- 1garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a medium pot full if water to boil. Add eggplant boil gently until eggplant tender.
- Drain well.
- Place in mixing bowl and mash until smooth. ( I found more water gathered in bowl and poured it out as I continued to mash.
- Stir in 1 cup cracker crumbs, cheese,egg, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into patties.Coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Original recipe didnt say : but I xhilled patties one hour which helped.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over nedium heat until hot. Oil should sizzle.
- Add 3 or 4 patties at a time. Dont crowd pan.Shake pan to keep patties from sticking.
- Carefully turn over after 3 minutes, when bottoms golden.
- The patties are a bit delicate but will stay
- together if you are careful handling.
- Cook other side another 3 minutes.
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!