Rustic Blueberry Lemon Verbena TartFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 8 tbsp cold butter or Earth Balance, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup very cold water shopping list
- 2 oz. creamy spreadable goat cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 20 leaves lemon verbena shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar + more for sprinkling shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- 2 pints blueberries shopping list
- 3 tbsp AP flour shopping list
- juice from 1/2 large lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Place flours and butter in bowl of food processor fitted with dough attachment or S-blade.
- Pulse a few times until butter is about pea sized.
- Add sour cream and cold water and salt to taste. Process just until dough begins to hold together.
- Remove from processor bowl and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least one hour.
Honey Goat Cheese
- Mix goat cheese & honey together. Set aside.
- With a mortar and pestle, pulverize lemon verbena into sugar. If you don't have one, just place sugar in a small mixing bowl, top with lemon verbena leaves and use a wooden spoon to pulverize into the sugar. Mix in AP flour and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place blueberries in a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and gently toss. Add sugar mixture and gently toss to coat. See Photo
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove pastry dough from fridge. Place ball of dough in center of a sheet of parchment paper. Roll out as evenly as possible into a 12-inch round, about 1/4" thick. Alternately you could split the dough in two and make two smaller, 6-inch rounds. See Photo
- Spread goat cheese onto dough disk, leaving an edge naked See Photo. Top with berries.
- Carefully fold up edges of pastry, you may pipe or flute the dough if you'd like. See Photo
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar along dough edge See Photo. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!