Best Cocoa BrowniesFrom hollyeats 3 years ago
- 4 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp real vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup melted and cooled butter shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 unsweetened cocoa (be generous!) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts OR pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- In standing mixer, beat eggs well until light and fluffy, 3 minutes or more.
- In the meantime, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Gradually add sugar to eggs and beat 3-4 minutes more, then add vanilla.
- Turn mixer to Low and blend in the melted butter.
- Now blend in the flour mixture and fold in the nuts, if using.
- Turn into a greased 9x12" pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until nicely browned (see photo)-- but do not overbake! If in doubt, take out of the oven sooner rather than later.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting.
- These keep well, freeze well and travel well.