Gluten-Free Chanukah SufganiyotFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple-cherry butter (or apple butter) shopping list
- 5 cups gluten-free rice flour mix (see note) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Approx. 6 tablespoons cherry jam or jelly shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Beat 2 eggs, buttermilk, and apple-cherry butter in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Fold slowly into the wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a wooden spoon.
- When the ingredients are mostly combined, use your hands to knead a few times to make sure the ingredients are fully blended.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle rice flour mix on a large board.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. If dough is sticky, work in more rice flour.
- Cut out disks out of the dough about 3" across.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of jelly in the center of one disk.
- Brush water around the outer edge of the dough, and place a second disk of dough on top, using your fingers to crimp the edges tight.
- Repeat until you've used up all the dough.
- Place on a large greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip doughnuts and bake a further 10 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
OH this looks FABULOUS!!!!!!lovergrl8799 in Spokane loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Just Love To Cook48 members