OxtailFrom kcmm 1 year ago
- One oxtail cut into very small pieces ( make sure to ask your butcher to cut it very small, or else the pieces will be too big) shopping list
- 1 tbsp browning sauce shopping list
- fresh thyme 4/5 sprigs shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp oxtail seasoning (you can buy at any store) shopping list
- 2 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1can of butter beans (also known as lima beans) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash oxtail to ensure there is no bone residue left on it
- in a large bowl put in the oxtail.
- add all of the ingredients and mix well (including the water)
- Now it should look very dark due to the browning sauce
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day place the oxtail liquid and all into a large cooking pot
- add another 2 cups of water
- bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat
- Now you must keep an eye on it,stir it every so often, you do not want the water to reduce you should have a bit of liquid in it at all times or it will burn, so if you see the water go down, add some more and keep tasting and adjusting the seasoning to taste. If you like it hot you may add jalapeños to it .
- It is done when the meat is almost falling off the bone, It should be nice and tender , and it usually takes 3/4 hours.
- 1/2 hour before it is done add the butter beans.
- Serve with rice and beans or white rice, and don't forget the coleslaw!!!!
- Yummmmmm Enjoy!!!
The Cookkcmm North York, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!