Homemade Panko Bread CrumbsFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
How to make it
- Push chunks of white bread through the shredding disk of a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- Spread the crumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 300 F degrees until the crumbs are dry but not toasted, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Shake the sheet twice during baking.
- Be careful not to let the crumbs brown!
- Immediately remove bread crumbs from oven and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, crumbs may be stored in the freezer, in a resealable plastic bag for as long as several months.