Homemade Cream CheeseFrom chicago234 4 years ago
How to make it
- Place a dry cheesecloth (folded over 3-4 times) over a strainer that is resting in a large bowl. ( I use coffee filters)
- Place the yogurt directly on to the cloth/filters and either fold the cloth over the yogurt, or put another filter over the yogurt.
- Place a pan or a plate over the filled cloth and add something heavy over the plate to press down upon the yogurt to help drain if of any fluid. (I use a cake pan and put a very large jar filled with water in the cake pan. )
- Let this sit on your counter for a few hours until at least 2 cups of fluid has drained out of the yogurt.
- Then remove the fluid and replace the weighted object and place the bowl, strainer, yogurt and weight into the refrigerator.
- Let the yogurt drain over night.
- Once the draining is complete, the yogurt can be removed from the cheesecloth and placed into a bowl.
- It should now be firm enough to use in any recipe of your choice or served as it is.
The Cookchicago234 Cook County Il
- Not added to any groups yet!