Savory Black BeansFrom sosousme 7 months ago
- 1 cup dry black beans, soaked overnight shopping list
- 1 - 2 slices bacon (I used thick sliced applewood smoked and so I only used one slice) chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and chopped* shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the beans and rinse well with water.
- In a 4-quart or larger pressure cooker, or dutch oven, sauté the bacon until it starts to release some oil; add the onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the beans, oregano and cumin, cover with water to 1 inch, bring to a boil. Cover with the lid and bring to 15 psi (on mine that's the second ring); stabilize the pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and allow to simmer for a few minutes or until the liquid has mostly evaporated. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- *When working with jalapeños be sure to wash your hands well after cutting or use gloves.
- Approximate Nutritional Analysis: 170 Calories; 5g Fat; 124g Carbohydrates; 5g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!