Spicy Sweet Potato And Coconut SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 4 oz unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 Serrano or Thai chiles, minced (seed if less heat is desired) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh mint shopping list
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- Zest of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp coconut oil shopping list
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk (one 13.5 oz can) shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups water (use the can to measure) shopping list
- 1 cup cauliflower florets shopping list
- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and roasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine peanuts, garlic, ginger, chiles, cilantro, mint, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest and brown sugar and process until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oils over medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to turn golden - about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Let cool slightly, then pour into a food processor or blender, add the peanut mixture and puree smooth.