Farmhouse Pecan PieFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Farmhouse pecan Pie shopping list
- Thx to http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup of white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark Karo syrup shopping list
- 1 stick of butter or margarine (softened) shopping list
- 1 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Add syrup, butter, pecans, salt and vanilla.
- Cook on 350 for 10 minutes; then reduce temperature to 325 for 30 minutes.
- Temperature reduction is to keep crust from burning.
- Ovens vary in performance and cook times should be adjusted accordingly (I had to cook mine an additional 10 minutes).
- Pie is done when center jiggles like jello when you shake the pie.
- Make sure the pie cools completely before you cut it.
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), cubed and chilled
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- Put the butter, flour, and salt in the food processor, and pulse lightly just until the mixture resembles wet sand. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing briefly after each spoonful of water. Keep adding water until the dough just begins to gather into larger clumps. Transfer equal amounts of the dough into 2 resealable plastic bags and pat each into a disk. Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Remove 1 of the disks from the bag to a flour coated surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10-inch round. Gently fit the rolled dough into a 9-inch pie pan, and refrigerate
- Yield: 2 (9-inch) pie crusts
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!