Shrimp And Spinach Over ToastFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2 1/2-3lbs fresh shrimp. peeled and de veined shopping list
- 4T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup rum shopping list
- 1-3t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2T spicy brown, creole, cajun or similar mustard shopping list
- 1T dried Mexican oregano(can use fresh and/or Italian, too :) shopping list
- 1 heaping T Spanish paprika(I used smoked) shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- 12oz fresh baby spinach, roughly torn shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- sliced rustic bread, toasted in the oven, or pasta or rice to serve it over shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium/medium low and add butter and oil.
- Once butter has melted and foam has died down, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30-60 seconds. Do not allow to burn!
- Add pepper flakes and stir a couple times.
- Add shrimp and rum and let boil a couple of minutes, flip the shrimp and continue to cook just until pink and curled. Do not over cook!
- Lower heat to low and add mustard, paprika, oregano, lime juice salt and pepper and stir or toss to combine.
- Add spinach a bit at a time, if needed, tossing with tongs to cook down with the hot shrimp/sauce.
- Serve immediately over toasted bread, pasta or rice
- **You can make these appetizers by using small toast rounds and smaller shrimp!