Stuffed Jack-o-lantern Bell PeppersFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
- 6 medium size bell peppers, any color shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 3 slices diced bacon, uncooked shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 12 oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup cooked white rice or brown shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Combine the ground beef, ground pork, bacon, onion, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix in cooked rice.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Stuff the peppers lightly with the stuffing mixture*, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.
- *Peppers can be stuffed with your favorite stuffing recipe rather than recipe shown.
- Measurement conversion link - http://allrecipes.co.uk/how-to/44/cooking-conversions.aspx
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!