Prosciutto-cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast W/ Mushroom RagoutFrom PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 shopping list
- -- pounds) shopping list
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 8 Thin slices prosciutto shopping list
- 8 Thin slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 32 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 3 tablesp. unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 1 tablesp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup Dried mushrom shopping list
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms (such as crimini, chanterelle, shopping list
- -- and shiitake), torn or rughly chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth, pref. homemade shopping list
- 1 teasp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablesp. Mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, shopping list
- -- parsley, and chives) shopping list
How to make it
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally, keeping 1 long side attached;
- open halves like a book. Pound breasts until 1/4" thick. Season on
- all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 chicken breast on a work surface, cut side up. Overlap 2
- slices prosciutto on top of chicken, leaving a 1/2" border. Top
- prosciutto with 2 slices provolone; layer 8 basil leaves over cheese,
- maintaining 1/2" border. Roll up chicken lengthwise and tie with
- kitchen twine. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a large
- heavy ovenproof skillet. Add roulades and cook until browned on all
- sides, 8-10 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until an
- instant-read thermometer inserted into center of roulades registers
- 165°F, 7-8 minutes. (The chicken will be cooked through but still
- juicy.) Transfer chicken to plates and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put drie mushroms in a small bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling
- water over and let soak for 20 min. Take out of water ( strain
- soaking liquid and reserve ) and squeeze dry. Chop.
- Scrape drippings and any melted cheese from skillet; discard. Set
- skillet over medium-high heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add
- dried, soaked mushrooms and fresh mushrooms. Cook, turning once,
- until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt
- and pepper; add broth and vinegar. Simmer until liquid is thickened
- and reduced, 10-12 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter
- and herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off and discard twine. Cut chicken into 1/2" slices. Put on
- platter and serve mushroom sauce along.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!