Pumpkin RollFrom leigh561 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 4 eggs separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (if you get the one with the spices in it, you don't need the pie spice) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- cream cheese icing shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 butter shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 cups (1lb) sifted powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, backing powder and pie spice; set aside
- in a small or med mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla on high for about 5 min or till thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup of sugar, beating on high till sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- THOROUGHLY WASH AND DRY THE BEATERS <<very important!!
- In large bowl beat egg whites on medium till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar, beating toll stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture; fold in gently till combined.
- Spread batter mixture evenly onto a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan lined with greased and floured foil. (parchment paper works wonders)
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched near center.
- Immediately turn cake onto a very thin towel or paper towels sprinkled generously with powdered sugar.
- Peel paper off and roll up the cake and towel from one of the short sides. Cool on a rack.
- Once the cake is cool ( can put in the fridge or freezer if making it ahead of time).
- Unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread with cream cheese icing.
- Roll cake up and put in fridge till ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Cake freezes really well after it has been filled also.
- Cream Cheese Icing Directions
- Beat everything but the powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar beating well.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar to make frosting a spreading consistency.
The Cookleigh561 Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!