Vindaloo For Me And BalooFrom honestcooksroom 3 years ago
- 300 gram lean stewing pork or beef, remove any excess fat if any (personally I use loin cut) shopping list
- 200 gr butternut squash pumpkin, cut in small squares shopping list
- 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 inch ginger, peel and chopped shopping list
- 3 jalapeno or serrano peppers, seeds remove and chopped shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tbsp Fresh pesto for weight loss shopping list
- 2 tbsp rolled oats shopping list
- 3 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
- 5 cardamom pods shopping list
- 500ml water shopping list
- 1 low sodium chicken stock cube (or beef stock if using beef) shopping list
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- salt (use sparingly) and freshly ground black pepper. shopping list
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves shopping list
How to make it
- With a hand blender, make a paste from red onion, garlic, tomato, ginger, jalapeno and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a pan under medium heat, and fry dry cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, and cardamon until fragrant.
- Add the paste, and stir until most of the liquid evaporated.
- Add the meat, and grated nutmeg. Stir until the meat change color
- Add chicken stock cube, water, soy sauce, pesto and rolled oats.
- Simmer under low heat until the meat are soft. Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add pumpkin, and simmer further until the pumpkin soft and the sauce thicken.
- Taste. If its too hot, add chopped dried prunes.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
The Cookhonestcooksroom Borne, The Netherlands
- Not added to any groups yet!