Mallorcas (puerto Rican Ham And Egg Sandwiches)From myszreesey 1 year ago
- 1 ¼ oz. package active dry yeast shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 ½ cups flour shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 18 slices deli ham shopping list
- 12 oz. sliced cheddar cheese shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Make the rolls: Combine yeast and ¼ cup water heated to 115° in a bowl; let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in milk, 4 tbsp. butter, and egg yolks until smooth. Add flour, sugar, and salt; stir until dough forms. Transfer to a work surface; knead until smooth, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 2. Transfer dough to a floured work surface and, using a rolling pin, roll into a 18″ x 8″ rectangle. Brush with 2 tbsp. butter; starting at one short end, roll into a tight cylinder. Cut cylinder into 6 equal pieces; transfer, cut side-down, to a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap; let sit until doubled in size, about 1 ½–2 hours. Heat oven to 375°. Bake until lightly browned, about 18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 3. Make the sandwiches: Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a 12″ skillet over medium heat. Add 3 eggs; cook, turning, until yolk is just set, about 3 minutes. Repeat with 2 tbsp. butter and remaining eggs. Split each roll; place 3 slices ham onto each roll bottom. Top with an egg, 2 oz. cheddar, and roll tops. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add 2 tbsp. butter. Add 2 sandwiches; cook, flipping and flattening with a spatula, until browned, about 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Halve sandwiches, and dust with confectioners' sugar while hot before serving.