Chile Rellenos W/ Roasted Tomato SalsaFrom sharebear1 3 years ago
- For Chiles: shopping list
- 3 Poblano Chiles shopping list
- 3/4 Cup flour shopping list
- 1 Tspn season salt shopping list
- 1 Tspn pepper shopping list
- 3 egg white shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups of Shredded cheese Blend (I used monterey jack and queso fresco) shopping list
- I cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Ranchero salsa: shopping list
- 6 roma tomatoes, cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 green bell peppers sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/2 white onion, quartered shopping list
- 6 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 jalapenos, sliced in half and seeds removed shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 Tspn cumin shopping list
- 1/2 Tspn salt or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oill shopping list
- 1 chicken Boullion Cube shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups of water shopping list
How to make it
- First take the Poblano Chile and roast them on a cormal or griddle until the skin turns black on all sides (you may broil them if you dont have a griddle). Once the skins are charred and black on all sides place them on a plate and set it in a paper bag for about 10 minutes. While they are cooling take pour about 3/4 cup flour into a bowl/dish to start with, add a little salt and pepper and mix then and set it aside.
- Turn oven to broil. On a baking sheet set tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, bell peppers and garlic; coat them with the olive oil. Place them into the oven and roast them until fragrant and tender, you will have to watch them because the onion, bell peppers, jalapeno and garlic will be done before the tomatoes. While there broiling In a pot add 1 cup of water and chicken bouillon cube, bring to boil. Place them into the blender as there done roasting. Then roast tomatoes until there charred, then place them into the blender. Add cilantro and 1/2 cup of water, cumin cayenne and salt; belnd until smooth. Then pour mixture into pot with chicken boiullon and water Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cover until ready to use.
- Then take a bowl and put 2 egg whites only in it and whip with blender until it is white and fluffy (5minutes, about) then keep whipping it and add the yolk in there one at a time, whip those in a couple more minutes. In a frying pan heat about 1 cup of vegetable oil on med heat.
- Open your bag of chilies and peel the skin off them (be careful not to tear the chiles open), and leave the stems on them you could take them off if you would like. If you would like to stuff them, make a small slit in from the top to the bottom, remove the seeds carefully not to rip it, then stuff your cheese mixture inside. If needed use toothpick to hold the chiles closed. Then roll the chilies in the flour to coat all sides well and set them aside. Roll the Chiles in the eggs white mixture to cover every side. Then place them in the oil one at a time, which should be warm by now. Fry each side until golden brown and set them aside on plates. Pour some roasted tomato salsa over the top. Sprinkle with queso fresco and serve with rice if desired.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!