Gouda Mustard SauceFrom otterpond 2 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a deep sauce pan and stir in the mustards.
- Sift the Guar gum over the sauce and stir quickly to make a roux. Guar Gum is a low carb, gluten free substitute for wheat flour. You would probably use 2-3 tbsp of flour to get the roux to thicken.
- Add the milk to the roux stirring continuously. I like my hand blender but not everyone has one of those. When it is well blended, add the shredded cheese and continue to blend.
- Allow the mixture to come almost to boiling. If it seems to thick to you, ad a bit more milk until it is the consistency you prefer.
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!