Inside Out Caramel ApplesFrom dragonflylady13 4 years ago
- 3 large apples shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- melted chocolate or almond bark shopping list
How to make it
- Cut your apples in half. Using a melon baller, scoop out the insides, leaving a 1/2 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon onto the apples and allow to set. It will keep them from browning right away.
- In a sauce pan over high heat, add the brown sugar, butter, heavy cream and corn syrup. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved. Allow to boil, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 230 degrees, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla, stir continually until it stops bubbling. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe your apples down with a paper towel, removing as much lemon juice as possible. Caramel won't stick to a wet apple.
- Pour the caramel into the apples leaving a small space at the top.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Refrigerate until the caramel has set.
- Cut into slices and drizzle melted chocolate over each slice.
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!