Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple PieFrom twill10 3 years ago
- cinnamon roll Dutch Apple Pie shopping list
- Blogger Arlene Cummings of Cooking With sugar takes Apple Pie up a notch by making the crust with cinnamon rolls. Her cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie will make an apple pie lover out of anyone. shopping list
- Prep Time shopping list
- 30 Minutes shopping list
- Total Time shopping list
- 3:00 Hrs:Mins shopping list
- Makes shopping list
- 8 servings shopping list
- Crumb Topping shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- Crust shopping list
- 1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 6 medium granny smith apples, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons apple pie spice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix Crumb Topping ingredients with fork until large clumps form. Refrigerate. Spoon icing from can of rolls into small microwavable bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Lightly flour rolling pin and work surface or cutting board. Separate dough into 8 rolls. With rolling pin, roll each cinnamon roll, cinnamon side up, into 4- to 5-inch round.
- In ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, place 1 dough round in center. Arrange remaining 7 dough rounds around center round and up side of plate, overlapping slightly as necessary. With fingers, press dough to seal together in bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust. Flute edge.
- In large bowl, gently mix Filling ingredients. Spoon filling into cinnamon roll-lined pie plate. Sprinkle crumb topping over top to completely cover filling.
- Bake about 1 hour or until top is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, microwave icing on High 10 to 15 seconds or until runny enough to drizzle. Drizzle back and forth over top of pie.
- Makes 8 servings
- Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Pillsbury® Kitchens
- Cover the edges of the crust with 2-inch-wide strips of foil after the first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Whipped cream or ice cream makes the perfect topping for this pie.
- Nutrition Information:
- 1 Serving (1 Serving)
- Exchanges: Free*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!