Leek And Potato SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 3 tbsp salted butter shopping list
- 3 large leeks (white and light green parts), sliced and rinsed well shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 10 oz Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup evaporated 2% milk shopping list
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste shopping list
- white pepper, to taste shopping list
- fresh chives and/or chive blossoms, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks and onion, stir to coat with the butter and cover.
- Cook 10 minutes, then stir in the potatoes and parsnip and re-cover.
- Cook a further 10 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and broth, then add the bay leaves, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, until the vegetables are falling apart.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Using an immersion blender (or working in batches in a standard blender), puree smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve.