Apricot HornsFrom hollyeats 1 year ago
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, grate the butter with a large-holed cheese grater into the flour and distribute well by tossing with your hands.
- Then add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly to a smooth dough, but don't let it get greasy, it must stay cold.
- Wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180° C/375°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4" thick in granulated sugar.
- Cut circles, put small bit of apricot preserves in the middle, brush edges lightly with beaten egg, fold over and seal well.
- Save and re-roll scraps only once; whatever's left over again should be baked and eaten as is.
- Bake on parchment paper (they leak!) 10 minutes or until starting to get golden brown on the edges.
- Cool on racks and store in airtight tin when fully cooled.