Stovetop White Cheddar Jalapeño MacFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 8 oz. mini shell (Conchiglie) pasta (I used quinoa & corn - GF) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour (I used brown rice flour) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp 0% plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced & seeded jalapeño peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a medium saucepan – large enough to house all ingredients eventually – over medium-high heat. Once melted, add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until sauce is smooth and begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, cheese, Greek yogurt, and diced jalapeños. Add some cooking water, about 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is met. I used 1/2 cup.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!