Jalapeno Popper Chicken CasseroleFrom michellem 11 months ago
- jalapeno Popper chicken Casserole shopping list
- This is a great recipe packed with tons of flavor. It could be made in to a lighter version by changing up some of the ingredients such as the butter and whole milk. I went for it and made the tubby version..So worth the extra calories. shopping list
- Ingredients (6 servings) shopping list
- •1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- •1 small onion, diced shopping list
- •4 jalapeno peppers, diced (seeds and ribs removed) shopping list
- •2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- •coarse salt and fresh black pepper shopping list
- •1 + 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- •1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced (seeds removed) shopping list
- •1 + 1/2 cups corn kernels shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- •4 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the pan shopping list
- •4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- •2 + 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- •8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- •1 + 1/2 cups sharp white cheddar, shredded shopping list
- For topping: shopping list
- •3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for serving shopping list
- •cooked couscous, rice or quinoa, for serving shopping list
- •sour cream, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- •In a large skillet over medium heat add oil, onion, jalapenos and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often about 5-6 minutes.
- •Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. If pan is dry add another tablespoon of oil along with the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Remove pan from heat; stir in tomatoes and corn.
- •Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put a baking sheet on bottom rack to catch drips. Butter a 9x13 deep-sided baking pan. Add the chicken mixture and evenly spread out.
- •In a large heavy-duty saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat, stir in flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Slowly whisk in milk, turn up heat and bring to a simmer; simmer 4 minutes. Add cream cheese and stir until completely melted; add cheddar and stir until completely melted; remove from heat.
- •Pour over top of chicken. Sprinkle tortilla chips over top.
- •Bake 40-45 minutes until bubbly all over. Let set 5 minutes before serving. Serve over couscous, rice, quinoa or another grain with a dollop of sour cream and chips.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!