Potato Leek SoupFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 2 tb butter shopping list
- 2 lg. leek, halved lengthwise, cleaned under running water and cut into 1/4 inch rings ( be sure to thoroughly clean the leek, they are often very sandy ) shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 800 g potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 ltr. water shopping list
- S+P, nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tb Thai fishsauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- parsley, minced shopping list
- 1 frankfurter sausage per person shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in large pot, until foamy. Cook leek and onion for 8 min., until soft, but not brown. Add potatoes, water and salt. Simmer for 20 min, or until potatoes are tender. Add parsley, mix with the immersion blender, until very smooth. Add cream, nutmeg, pepper and fishsauce, put in Frankfurter and heat through. Adjust seasoningss, laddle in deep soup bowls, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
- Note : If you add some more cream and mix the soup in a blender to get it supersmooth, than refrigerate it for 4 or 5 hours and serve it cold, you got a french classic : Vichyssoise.