French Vanilla Sheet CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried egg powder shopping list
- 1 (4-serving size) French vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 2/3 cup non-hydrogenated shortening (butter would hinder the vanilla flavour) shopping list
- 1 cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9x13" pan with parchment.
- Whisk together the flours, egg powder, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening, sugar and honey.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Beat in flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spread in the prepared pan and rap sharply on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan.