Hoagie DipFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound deli ham, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound genoa salami, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound American cheese, small cubes shopping list
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 3 tomatoes, small dice shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oregano shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 Loaf of french-type baguette bread, sliced in 1/2 inch slices shopping list
How to make it
- The easiest way to cut the meats is to roll them up like a jelly roll, thinly slicing them and then slicing again into half-moon shaped pieces.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise an oregano.
- Add meats and small-cubed cheese.
- Add the onion and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- While the dip is chilling, drizzle the baguette slices with some olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Warm slightly in the oven.
- Add the lettuce and tomatoes to the dip just before serving with the bread slices.
- Provide a spreading knife to spread onto bread.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating2 people
Just stumbled across this & it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
A great great dip. I usally add other luncheon meats too. Pepperoni, capicola etc... Here in Philly they actually make this and serve it on our great italian rolls and eat is as a sandwich! They make hoagies out of it. This is a delicious dip.recipediva in Philly loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!