Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki SauceFrom jro 6 years ago
- 3 T fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t dried oregano (or 1 1/2 t chopped fresh) shopping list
- 2 t olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- tzatziki Sauce (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1/2 c cucumber (peeled, seeded & Shredded) shopping list
- 1/2 c plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- package whole grain pitas, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped red onions to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in zip-loc bag, add chicken pieces, shake to coat with marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from bag, discard marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers, with spaces between chicken to speed cooking.
- Place skewers on grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare tzatziki sauce, set aside.
- Remove cooked chicken chunks from skewers.
- Serve chicken wrapped in pita dressed with veggies and a dollop of sauce.