Baby Cinna - BunsFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup buttermilk powder or skim milk powder shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp cardamom shopping list
- 2 tbsp flaxseed shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated or coconut milk, warmed shopping list
- ½ cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ cup pureed tofu or pureed chickpeas shopping list
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- Milk, for brushing shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flours, yeast, sugar, buttermilk powder, cinnamon, and cardamom in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix together the egg, water, milk, applesauce, salt and tofu and add to the dry mixture.
- Knead with the dough hook for 5 minutes, then add the butter bit by bit and knead for 7 minutes longer.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and transfer to a large floured work surface. Divide into 5 equal pieces.
- Working one piece at a time, roll each piece out into a thin rectangle.
- Combine the sugars and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush with milk, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar and fruit if using, leaving 1” of space on one long side.
- Starting with the sugared long side, roll each rectangle up.
- Slice each roll into 8 pieces. Place 1.5” apart in a well greased 9x13” pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- At this point, the cinnamon rolls can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight or covered with foil and frozen for 1 month. Before baking, allow rolls to thaw in the fridge for 24 hours and rise 1 hour in a warm place, then proceed.
- If baking immediately, let rise in a warm spot for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush tops of the buns with milk, cover with foil and bake buns for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!