K's Huevos Rancheros SupremeFrom keni 11 months ago
- 12 large eggs shopping list
- 6 fresh poblano peppers, roasted, halved and seeded(keep warm) shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 6 large tomatoes, roasted and chopped(use canned fire roasted, if desired, but you'll need about 3 cans) shopping list
- 3 bell peppers, roasted and diced shopping list
- 2-4 hot peppers, roasted and diced(sub a couple of canned chipotles, if desired for a slightly different flavor) shopping list
- 1T ground cumin shopping list
- 1-3t ground chili powder shopping list
- butter for frying the eggs shopping list
- plenty of kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Serve with: fresh cilantro, guacamole, refried beans, crumbled Cotija and fresh pineapple! shopping list
How to make it
- In large high sided skillet or saute pan(I used my cast iron, and highly recommend, if possible!), saute the onions, bell peppers and hot peppers in a couple T of butter, until they start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, a lil salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, stirring occasionally, making sure to break up the tomatoes while they cook, and let simmer while you prepare everything else for the meal. (if for some reason your tomatoes aren't releasing much juice, add just a lil V8 juice to the mix! :)
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas slightly in the oven or a hot cast iron to soften them. Keep warm until done with all of the tortillas.
- Prepare servings on plates by placing 1 or 2 tortillas then topping with 1 or 2 halves of the roasted Poblanos.
- Fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Add a large spoonful of the pepper/tomato mixture to the top of the poblano, and top with the eggs. Alternately, you could add the egg then the sauce, whichever you prefer :)
- Top with a lil cheese, salt, fresh ground pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Repeat with remaining servings.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!