Deep Dark Chocolate CheesecakeFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 5.5 oz) shopping list
- 3 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate (at least 70%, preferably couverture), chopped shopping list
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tbsp sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9” springform pan and line the base with parchment.
- Mix all the crust ingredients together well.
- Press evenly onto the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan.
- Bake just until set, about 6 minutes.
- Set aside while preparing filling. Keep oven on.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water until smooth and glossy.
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, sour cream, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt until smooth. Blend in eggs, 1 at a time.
- By hand, fold in the chocolate until just blended in, trying not to incorporate air.
- Pour filling over crust and rap sharply on a countertop to dislodge air pockets.
- Smooth the top and place in a deep roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan, about ½ way up the side of the springform.
- Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and cool the cheesecake inside for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and waterbath and cool 1 hour on a rack.
- Run a knife around the side of cake to loosen the ring, but do not remove it.
- Cover loosely and chill overnight before removing the ring and slicing.
- Serve with Raspberry Compote
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
The health nut in me is going "noooo" but the inner child in me is going "when do we eat???"sheracj in South loved it