Homemade Hot GiardinieraFrom littlesponger 1 year ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup small- diced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup tiny cauliflower florets shopping list
- 4 to 10 serrano peppers, sliced (depending on heat level desired) shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced small shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small shopping list
- 2 cups canola oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 cups water and the salt in a glass or non-reactive bowl. Mix until the salt is dissolved. Add the carrots, cauliflower, serranos, celery and bell pepper to the salt water and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Day 2, drain and rinse the vegetables. In a measuring cup, mix together the oil with the oregano, garlic and pepper. In a clean bowl, add the vegetables and vinegar, then oil mixture to combine.
- Allow to marinate overnight. Giardiniera will only get better with time. After 2 days at the most in the bowl, you can place in air-tight mason jars and keep in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 weeks.