Chicken MarsalaFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless organic chicken breast halves, each split in half horizontally to form 8 cutlets shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 ounces bacon, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons) shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry marsala shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth shopping list
- 4 TB. unsalted butter, cubed, divided shopping list
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Working one chicken breast at a time, place breast in heavy duty zip lock bag (without sealing). Using a heavy rolling pin, flatten to 1/4-inch thick. In shallow bowl or pie plate, stir flour with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Dredge 3 pieces chicken in flour mixture and shake to remove excess flour. Fry until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken, adding extra oil to pan as needed. Remove pan from heat and wipe clean with paper towel.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate. Reserve rendered fat in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add marsala to pan and bring to simmer, scraping any bits from bottom of pan. Add chicken broth to pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in 4 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Add bacon and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice. Add chicken back to pan and heat over medium-low heat just until chicken is heated through. Keep warm until ready to serve.