Rice Noodle Bowl With Peanut Sauce And Roasted TofuFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 14 oz. pack extra firm tofu, drained and pressed to release moisture shopping list
- 1/4 cup tamari shopping list
- 2 tsp each olive oil and toasted sesame oil, combined shopping list
Sauce & noodles
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek shopping list
- 6 stalks fresh lemongrass – inner bulbs only, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large shallots, minced shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 thumbs ginger, grated/finely minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp tamari shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or honey shopping list
- zest and juice from a lime shopping list
- heaping 1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy will do) shopping list
- 1 pound brown rice noodles or soba shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cube tofu. Toss with tamari and oil.
- Place in roasting pan and bake for 25 minutes, until edges are browned.
Sauce & Noodles
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Process in a blender, processor, bullet…lemongrass, garlic, ginger, shallot, and chile paste.
- Heat oils in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mixture to pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant – about 2 minutes.
- Add tamari, vinegar, honey (or brown sugar), peanut butter, and lime. Whisk to combine.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve the roasted tofu right on a mound of these yummy noodles. Top with cilantro and green onions. And don’t forget to eat your veggies!
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!