Savory Mexican CheesecakeFrom luisascatering 7 months ago
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temp shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons organic taco seasoning shopping list
- 3 cage free eggs, room temp shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 small can (4 ounces) fire roasted green chilies, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup homemade salsa, drained shopping list
- to serve: organic tortilla chips and/or crudites shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan lined with parchment paper to fit bottom and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Take out of oven, spread remaining sour cream evenly over top and then bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge
- of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with
- tortilla chips or vegetables. .