Creamy Spring Michigan Asparagus SoupFrom DetroitTokyo 10 months ago
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends removed – cut into 2-inch pieces, tips reserved shopping list
- 2 cups peeled & cubed potatoes shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- sea salt and black pepper, freshly ground – to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 5 qt stock pot. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Then, add asparagus (not the tips!). Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F. Place asparagus tips on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast 5-7 minutes, depending on size. Remove from oven and set aside
- Once potatoes are tender, use an immersion blender to puree or standing blender in batches. Return to pot and add cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with roasted asparagus tips.
- See this recipe and more at my blog: http://detroittokyo.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/creamy-spring-michigan-asparagus-soup/
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!