Asparagus Mushrom RisottoFrom sjbenoist 3 years ago
- 6 Cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 Cup white wine shopping list
- 4 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 Cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- ~8 Oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 Cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your stock while waiting for the vegetables to cook (see following steps). Make sure to use a pot large enough to hold all 6 Cups. Heat it to simmering, and add your wine.
- Using a large (~4 Qt) pan, add 2 Tbs butter, sautee your mushrooms over a medium heat just until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Now use the remaining 2 Tbs butter and the Salt, cook the onions (still at Medium) for about 5 minutes. You only want the onions clear, NOT caramelized (not browned). Add the rice and stir well. Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. We want the rice to begin to become clear at the edges without anything browning (rice or onions).
- Reduce heat on the large pot to low.
- Add enough stock/wine to just cover the rice. Stir frequently to prevent the rice on bottom from browning until the liquid is nearly completely absorbed. Repeat this process until all the stock/wine has been added.
- When the last of the stock is added, use the pot to bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Boil the Asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. This can be done simultaneously while occasionally stirring the rice/stock.
- Add Asparagus & Mushrooms to the rice, stir well.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan, Nutmeg, & Lemon Juice, stir well and serve.
- Pepper to taste.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!