CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PINWHEELFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- For filling shopping list
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- For dough shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Make filling:
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
- Make dough:
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in egg and vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into egg mixture and beat until combined well. Assemble rolls:
- Halve dough and roll out each half between sheets of wax paper into a roughly 12- by 8-inch rectangle. Remove top sheets of wax paper (if they stick too much, chill dough briefly to firm up slightly) and divide chocolate filling between rectangles, spreading it in an even layer. Tightly roll up each rectangle jelly-roll fashion, beginning with a long side and using wax paper as an aid, to form a 12-inch log. Wrap rolls in wax paper and then foil. Chill rolls until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Working with 1 roll at a time (keep remaining roll chilled), cut rolls crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices and arrange slices 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in batches in middle of oven until pale golden and set, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer warm cookies to racks to cool.