Summer Stone Fruit PieFrom luisascatering 10 months ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup bakers sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 11 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 5-6 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups sliced nectarines (pitted) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced plums & apricots (pitted) shopping list
- 1 cup bing cherries, stemmed, pitted, halved shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla) shopping list
How to make it
- To make the crust, in a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Work the butter in, using a pastry blender or your fingers, until pea-sized lumps form. Sprinkle in the water, 1 tbsp. at a time, stirring gently with a fork after each addition and adding only enough of the water to form a rough mass.
- Using floured hands, pat the dough into two smooth, flattened discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before rolling out.
- Meanwhile, stir together peaches, plums, cherries, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll one dough disc out thinly on a floured surface, using a rolling pin, and fit into a 9-inch pie plate, place on a cookie sheet; fill pie shell with fruit mixture. Roll out additional dough disc and top fruit mixture; trim and flute edges. Slice some cuts in the center of pie. Brush a little cream or milk evenly over pie dough and sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour or until deep golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.