Kamfounata Moroccan RatatouilleFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2 eggplants, cut in 1/2- inch cubes shopping list
- 3 zucchini, cut in 1/2- inch slices shopping list
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- ¼ tsp cloves shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the eggplants with salt and leave for 1 hour.
- Rinse and dry eggplant.
- Sauté the eggplant and zucchini slices.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook over gentle heat until the onion is golden and the pepper is soft.
- Make the tomato sauce:
- Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and simmer about 20 minutes until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Add the cooked vegetables and spices to the saucepan with the tomato sauce and mix well. Remove from heat.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members