Flank Steak With Pineapple SalsaFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped fresh pineapple shopping list
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin orange sections, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup mild green picante sauce or green taco sauce shopping list
- 12 ounces beef flank or boneless sirloin steak, cut 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican seasoning or chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 to 6 cups packaged torn mixed salad greens shopping list
How to make it
- For pineapple salsa, in a medium bowl gently stir together pineapple, mandarin oranges, sweet pepper, and picante sauce. Set aside.
- Trim fat from steak. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Sprinkle with Mexican seasoning; toss to coat evenly. In a large skillet cook and stir half of the seasoned steak in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Arrange salad greens on plates. Top with steak and pineapple salsa.