Ginger Spice Cookies With Cinnamon FrostingFrom chuckieb 2 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- 21/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 11/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 11/4 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream (I used evaporated milk) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon shopping list
- chocolate pearls (could also use chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a bowl: set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, orange zest, and egg in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed, to low, add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pack the dough into a cookie press. Fit with the desired disk design.
- Press the dough out onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies 1/2" apart. I found that it was easiest to make a big run of the cookie dough in a line down my counter then cut it in the proper lengths with a knife and transfer it onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake until just firm to the touch, about 10 min. Remove from oven, let cool.
- Dip ends of cookies in frosting and then into the chocolate pearls.
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!