Nana's Pineapple Upside Down CakeFrom keni 5 months ago
- 1 1/2 flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw sugar shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- 2 t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened, divided(12T) shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- juice from half a lemon shopping list
- 1 extra large egg(or 2 small) shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 fresh, ripe pineapple, sliced shopping list
- about 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Cream 6T butter, honey and raw sugar in electric mixer until well combined and a lil fluffy
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well, again.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add it, alternating with the buttermilk, mixing until just combined.
- Melt remaining 6T butter in a 12inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Swirl it around so it comes up the sides a bit, then sprinkle brown sugar over the butter on the bottom of the pan.
- Add pineapple slices to top of the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with pecans, especially in the holes of the pineapple and in between the slices.
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple and bake in a 350 oven for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the cake(a gooey bit from the sugar doesn't count ;)
- Let cool in pan 5-10 minutes then fit the bottom of a serving platter over the top of the skillet and flip, turning the cake, pineapple slices up, onto the platter.
- Serve warm or after cooled.