Cajun JambalayaFrom twohot 10 months ago
- Serves: 4 shopping list
- Makes: 6 cups shopping list
- Hands-on time: 20 minutes shopping list
- Total time: 45 minutes shopping list
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, 26/30 size, peeled and deveined, tail on shopping list
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 all-natural low-sodium turkey sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, diced shopping list
- 1 rib celery, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt-free cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup all-natural instant brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- olive oil cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients except cooking spray, mixing well until combined.
- Prepare 2 foil pouches. Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly among both pieces of foil and seal.
- Place pouches on a baking tray and slide onto middle rack of preheated oven for 25 minutes or until rice and proteins are fully cooked. (NOTE: When cooked, rice will be soft and proteins will be firm and opaque.) To test for doneness, carefully open 1 pouch and taste a few grains of rice from the center of the pouch. If necessary, close pouch and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Carefully open pouch and pour mixture into a large serving bowl; serve immediately.
- Nutrients per serving (1 1/2 cups Cajun Jambalaya): Calories: 339, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Omega-3s: 350 mg, Omega-6s: 840 mg, Carbs: 24 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 46 g, Sodium: 354 mg, Cholesterol: 171 mg
- Worried that instant brown rice doesn’t sound clean? Stick to an all-natural variety, such as Uncle Ben’s Fast & Natural Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice, and all you’ll get is precooked or parboiled long grain rice with no preservatives, additives or fillers. Just whole-grain rice in less time!
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!